Monday, August 2, 2010

Time Slows Down, Whenever You're Around. Songwriting.

Right now I am really loving Taylor Swift's "Today was a Fairytale." In my opinion she is one of today's best female songwriters. When I write (and lately, I haven't been in the music department) I can only write parts of lyrics. I'm still okay with whatever comes out of my brain. I love playing guitar and just improvising too. Some of the best ideas come right out when you let everything go. I wish I had inspiration though, that's been on short supply lately.

"I categorize the levels of heartbreak. Level one is a simple letdown. Level ten, total heartbreak. I've only had that happen once. A letdown is worth a few songs. A heartbreak is worth a few albums."- Taylor Swift ♥

Fortunately and unfortunately I've never had that happen. I've never been in love, God must have something against me. Sure I love the people I know no matter what they do to me, but it's better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all. Love is what inspires 85% of songs. I write about my (few) crushes. If I've never fallen in love, how am I supposed to write a classic.

"To be here now."- John Winston Lennon. But what was the question?

xoxo lisa marie

No comments:

Post a Comment