Monday, November 8, 2010

Catching Up. Catching Me.


I came home from a treatment facility, rehab (whatever you'd like to call it) after two months to find loads of change. Most of the time I don't do well with it. I didn't do well when I first came in. That slowly changed and I found best friends for life, a new perspective, discipline - I'm awfully lazy. It was beautiful and horrible all at the same time.

Love my TK girls. Alumni represent!

My experiences have been different than others obviously but that doesn't make them less valid. It's been said that God is just a concept by which we measure our pain but I believe life is. However much you screw up, you can always get it back. Small miracles happen every day. Such as meeting someone you love on the street... even though you can only muster up an "Omg" and "Hi!" because you're SPEECHLESS. Even seeing more of people, and realizing we are all equal, in this together. Not being upset over not having more time, enough time, the works.

I came back to Speak Now, Taylor Swift's new album which I can really relate to. It's about speaking up- duh! Saying something when you feel it necessary, even if it's not the right thing. I struggle with that a lot. I always have. I used to say I blew my life away one summer, but maybe that was just hell to prepare for a new beginning.

I might become a filmmaker, I might coach gymnastics, who knows.

To all those out there that don't believe in me, "Someday I'll be living in a big ole' city and all you're ever gonna be is mean. Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me and all your ever gonna be is mean."


xoxo lisa marie

No comments:

Post a Comment