Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Romeo + Juliet

Claire Danes and Leonardo DiCaprio in Baz Luhrmann's vision

The story has always fascinated me. A tragedy of star-crossed lovers who, end up taking their lives because of the world around them and feuding families. Ill- fated circumstances matched with undying love-  they can only be truly together in death.  Don't even ask about my opinions on that because no one knows- do they? Where did they go? Is heaven real? Does the other side truly exist? Were Romeo and Juliet finally able to have the love they envisioned and so desperately yearned for? I am hoping so. There should be a version where they don't die... of course then would it really be Romeo and Juliet? It's tragic but beautiful. Love should overpower everything else- discord, violence, arrogance, hate.

My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep. The more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite. - Act. 2 Scene 2

xoxo lisa marie

1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with that book, it's such a tragedy, but a beautiful one nonetheless. I also love the movie, but I'm a little biased because I love Leonardo Dicaprio :) Also, I'm enjoying your blog and have decided to start following! :)

    ReplyDelete